Some of the unique features and benefits of the SVI are:
Saccadic Trainer Function – Useful in therapy for all patients to enhance eye-hand coordination, visual reaction time, central-peripheral integration.
Tactile Feedback– Uses the hand rather than a keyboard or laser pointer so the patient gets “real life” tactile and proprioceptive feedback.
Hand Speed Function – Used in the Sports Vision Evaluation of Olympic athletes. Useful in therapy for Sports Vision both to measure and increase visual reaction time and hand speed.
‘Visual Search” Saccadic Function – Unlike saccadic procedures like the Hart Chart, the SVI Saccade 2 Function simulates real life where the majority of saccades are not to an anticipated fixed point in space, but rather to “unexpected” events in the environment.
Metronome Function– Helps all patients to enhance rhythm and timing and visual-auditory integration.
Tachistoscope Functions – Helps to increase speed of both visual and auditory information processing and memory.
Significant Number of easily modifiable target and program variables:
• Number of targets- Increases/decreases the level of demand for young or brain injured patients up to high level athletes.
• Letter size – increases demand, especially useful in therapy for amblyopia.
• Tracer: Gives exact feedback on accuracy of eye-hand coordination.
• Central Fixation – Excellent for training central-peripheral awareness and integration.
• Combinations of Background and Target Color – Provides perfect cancellation for monitoring of suppression and monocular in a binocular field activities.
• Contrast Sensitivity Function- Increases demand, especially useful in therapy for TBI, Sports Vision and amblyopia.
• Speed Functions – increases demand, especially useful in therapy to train automaticity
• Letter, Number and Word Options- variable cognitive demand, especially useful in therapy for automaticity for math, and reading.
• Size of Visual Field: Can be adjusted to central, peripheral or full field. Useful for central-peripheral integration and for hand/arm limitatients in young children, ABI/TBI patients
• Visual Field Loading – Targets can be loaded into a filed or quadrans. Especially useful for athletes and ABI/TBI patients.
• Performance Assessment Features: Atomatically records, stores, and prints if desired, all settings plus very wide range of performance responses: speed, accuracy, central peripheral relationships, etc.